East Chestermere History and MLS Listings
About The East Chestermere MLS Community
The properties along East Chestermere Drive have developed over time with smaller developments stretched over a period of the past 18 years.
There is not a great deal of property that was included in the town at this time. The first homes developed were towards the South-East end of the lake off of the lake. They have turned out to be very beautiful homes on some very desirable property.
Most of these parcels were split up into ½ to 1/3 acre lots. As the land slopes down towards the lake most of the properties along East Chestermere Drive have a good view of the lake. The other streets that has the ½ acre parcels is East Lakeview Road and Lakeview Rise. Many of these building sites were released in 1994. There are 1/3 acre building lots available to build on now on East Chestermere Drive . These lots are across from the lake. Please call Doug at 207-1776 for upto-date information.
East Lakeview Estates runs between East Chestermere Drive and the Trans Canada Highway. Construction began here in 2005. The shortage of available homes really helped kick this project off. There was no showhome parade here, and lot buyers could choose their own builder. Many small builders bought land and built spec. homes to sell here.
There is also a small development that was built between 2006 and 2008. These homes will have East Lakeview addresses as well.
Things to Love about this community:
- Large lots
- Close to Sunset Beach
- Variety of home styles
- Currently no multi-family projects
- Close to the lake
- Camp Chestermere is here with summer day camps for kids
- All the services of Kinniburgh are close by
Concerns in This Area
- Much of this area is very close to the Highway; visit the home during different times of the day to see if it would be a concern for you.
- Many of the home builders in this area are newer and less experienced. A home inspection is in order even if the home is under “New Home Warrantee”. There is a cap on repairs that are covered by the New Home Warrantee program. The home owner will be responsible for any repairs required beyond the maximum of $60,000. At the cost of new homes that will not cover much. (These warrantee amounts are under review for new homes being built, but will not affect these homes that are already built.)